Seeking Hearts




I love nature. The smells, the sounds, the feel. I’m more alive when I’m outside, and so enjoy seeking God in His creation. I picture myself in a heavenly garden someday.

Have you ever found hearts in nature? The heart shape jumps out at me. Oftentimes I don’t have my camera. I’ve seen hearts in the clouds, hearts in rocks, hearts in trees, hearts in fruits and vegetables. You’ve all seen a pair of spooning swans create a heart between their beaks and necks. The Internet is swamped with such pictures, but heart images surround us if our eyes (and hearts) are open.

This time of year, we are inundated by hearts. They’re everywhere we look. Romance writers know all about hearts. Heart words and stories have been told since the beginning of time.

I do have a picture of a pair of hearts that remains a mystery. This photo was taken at the end of our driveway.

Countless sermons have been preached on the topic of the heart. God knows our hearts because He created hearts. Have you ever taken the time to do a heart word study? Or searched for the word, seek? Our Bibles are packed with such verses. We must prepare our hearts as we seek the Lord God (2 Chronicles 30:19, Isaiah 55:6). The best hearts of all creation are the hearts of His people.

I hope you find hearts in nature as you seek Him with a prepared heart. I wish you a happy heart month. Oops, Happy Valentine’s month.

2 comments:

  1. LoRee, what an awesome post!!! I'm a nature girl, too - love my Michigan Great Lakes and the northland of my home state as well. Seeking God in His creation and thanking Him for its goodness is always such an awakening!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LoRee,
    I don't know how I missed this post before, but I'm glad I found it now!
    That's an amazing photo of your driveway. Isn't God good?!

    ReplyDelete