Write the Vision ~ Wednesday



During the week of Valentine's Day, thoughts often turn to love. ♥

This week my pastor's message made me ponder how we express love on Valentine's Day and throughout the year. Often we receive or give flowers as an expression of love, but flowers die, roses fade...so really that's not the best representation of love--something dead and dying, wilted and withered, dried and fading. So what is the perfect love, the one that we should emulate--write about? The love God showed toward us.


  1. O Love that wilt not let me go,
    I rest my weary soul in thee;
    I give thee back the life I owe,
    That in thine ocean depths its flow
    May richer, fuller be.
  2. O light that foll’west all my way,
    I yield my flick’ring torch to thee;
    My heart restores its borrowed ray,
    That in thy sunshine’s blaze its day
    May brighter, fairer be.
  3. O Joy that seekest me through pain,
    I cannot close my heart to thee;
    I trace the rainbow through the rain,
    And feel the promise is not vain,
    That morn shall tearless be.
  4. O Cross that liftest up my head,
    I dare not ask to fly from thee;
    I lay in dust life’s glory dead,
    And from the ground there blossoms red
    Life that shall endless be.
    George Mattheson

God Bless and Happy Writing



0 comments:

Post a Comment