Loves Healing Power By Anne Greene

In my Scottish historical, Masquerade Marriage, nothing was as it appeared. Yet, Lady Megan found love’s healing freedom when she discovered that against all appearances, her father did love her. Brody discovered God’s healing love freely given in the tragedy following the Battle of Culloden. None of this healing love would have been possible without the author of love, God Himself, freely giving that love to His children. Because, wonder of wonders, God IS love.
I can only write of God’s healing freedom because I’ve experienced His healing love that gives me freedom in my own life.

Since I became a Christian at age twenty-one, I’ve been healed many times. Because I had a very difficult childhood, I experienced great healing when I became a Christian. The Lord really made me a new creation in Christ Jesus as He promised. He began the emotional healing that made me the happy, content person I am today.
When my first husband died early in our marriage leaving me with very little money and two young children to raise, I learned first-hand that the Lord does take care of His children. When the first love of my life died, I felt physically torn in half. At times I looked down to see if there was blood. But God was with me in a very special way. He became my constant companion. And slowly He took the torn halves of my heart and life and knit them back together. At that time He gave me the verse, Deuteronomy 31:6 – The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you: He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged. And He absolutely kept that promise. And, at the right time He brought a new love, a new husband into my life. Through that experience I know, without a single doubt, that I have the freedom to trust God. God is Love. God Heals. God gives freedom. Not just to me. He gives love’s healing power to all His children.

I don’t have a lifetime verse from God’s Word, because during different seasons and different trials in my life, God’s given me different verses. So many verses are precious and meaningful to me. I am finding these days that I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me from Philippians 4:13 to be a verse I cling to as God so often takes me out of my comfort zone and puts me in new situations.
God’s healing love gives freedom. Otherwise I couldn’t write the happy-ever-after ending to my books.

Can you think of a specific time of healing in your life, mind, body, or spirit. I’d love to hear about it. And one fortunate commentator will win a free copy of my book, Masquerade Marriage.

Readers can find my book at http://www.whiterosepublishing.com and fans can get to know me better by visiting my website at http://www.AnneGreeneAuthor.com.

On Wednesday, April 27th five of us White Rose authors will post our short story. Five delivery gifts arrive at five addresses. But there’s been a computer glitch. There are addresses but no names and each of the five ladies must choose which gift belongs to her—a bouquet of roses, two teal-colored love birds, a box of chocolates, an engraved invitation, and a fresh fruit tree. Discover the story behind each gift.

5 comments:

  1. Anne,
    Phillipians 4:13 is my favorite scripture, too. You are so right! God does keep His promises and gives us freedom through healing. I love that thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anne,

    You lived in Tampa? My husband and I moved to NC from Temple Terrace (a Tampa suburb) four years ago.

    Love your post. Thanks for sharing your testimony.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL I'll be in Tampa part of next week! It's a small, small world. (Well, I'll be in Orlando part of the week, too. LOL)

    Beautiful post, Anne, and I love those short stories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anne, What a beautiful, powerful post.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you. ladies. It's so good to see you here!

    ReplyDelete